1. Who are we?
The Feme Sole Award Trust is a personal trust which awards funding to music and writing/publishing students and/or individuals who are Canadians, living in Canada, 21 years of age or older. Please see the full selection criteria on the Feme Sole Awards page.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about “an identifiable individual” or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: (for applicants) your name, address, contact information, educational institution, field of study and educational status, biography and résumé information, photo and examples of your work.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the purposes listed below:
- To determine your eligibility for and to administer our funding;
- To send you information about the Trust, its activities and the information of the award recipients;
- To detect and protect the Trust and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with the Trust policies and other obligations;
- To understand and respond to applicant, donor, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties;
- For any other purpose to which you may consent from time to time.
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
For the purposes set forth in section 3 above, the Trust interacts and exchanges information (including personal information) on a “need to know” basis to members of the Feme Sole Awards administrative and adjudication team and the following third parties:
Disclosure to Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to other entities, individuals and volunteers that provide services on our behalf, including auditors, our website developer and host, data processing, document management and office services. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Disclosure for purpose of promotion and fundraising
We may disclose your personal information, with your consent, to corporate and individual donors, media relations companies and journalists to help promote and fundraise for the Trust and its award recipients.
Law enforcement and legal disclosure
The Trust may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where the Trust has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to the Trust legal counsel.
Control of your personal information
At the Trust, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. In particular:
- You may have the right to “opt out” of some or all of the identified purposes, uses and disclosures listed in sections 3 and 4 above.
- You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the information or service you requested.
- You have the right to access and rectify your personal information that we have on file, as discussed below in section 7.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
We make reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control.
7. Privacy and our Website
The Trust collects personal information through our website www.zoechilco.ca. The Trust uses the information it gathers on our website for several purposes. For instance, in order to make certain aspects of the sites and tools function properly and to collect, process and evaluate award applications, we are required to collect personal information. In addition, the Trust gathers personal information to understand more about award applicant and recipient interests, to communicate with you about relevant programs and in connection with fundraising and support of the Trust. We use the donation information to issue thank you letters and provide you with the proper acknowledgements.
9. Contact Us
For information on the Trust privacy practices, please contact the Trust at:
Feme Sole Award Trust
c/o Lucy Lehman
4 Pollock Avenue
Beaverton ON L0K 1A0